Document Search Page:
1. From the menu bar at the top of any recorder's office page, mouse-over the
Data Searches, then select one of the Data Searches in the menu
2. You will be asked to enter your User ID and Password.
(The password is the original password that was issued from
Data Services, i.e. xx999.)
3. A new screen will appear with a drop-down menu and a text box.
From the drop-down menu choose the information type (document
number, parcel number, document book & page, recorded date,
name of first party, name of second party, or subdivision)
that you want to use to search for a document.
4. If more than one document satisfies your search criteria, a table of
information will be returned which gives summary information concerning
5. Enter the information into the text box, and either hit the Enter key or click on the Find button
- You may sort the list by clicking on the heading of a column. Click once for
ascending (A-Z, 0-9) and a second time for descending (Z-A, 9-0).
- If there is more than one page of information then
there will be page numbers at the top and bottom of the table,
which you may click to move between pages.
- You may click on any of the links in the table to search further,
based on the linked information.
- Document: This link will take you to the document details page,
which has detailed abstract information concerning the selected document and
additional links which you may use to view the actual document. (See below.)
- Parcel: This link will take you to the parcel details page,
which shows ownership information, legal descriptions and building
and land information for the particular parcel.
- Recorded Date: This link will show the document search page,
with a list of all documents recorded on the selected date.
- First Party: This link will show the document search page,
with a list of documents which show the selected name as first party.
- Second Party: This link will show the document search page,
with a list of documents which show the selected name as second party.
Document Details Page:
1. If only one document matches your original search criteria, you will
be taken to directly the document details page. Otherwise, you may reach
the document details page by clicking on a link to a document number
in the displayed list.
2. If the document is recent enough, a list with an abstract of the document will appear.
Below the abstract will be one or more numbered links, a button which says
Multi-page Image ,
and a button which says View Thumbnails.
3. All of the viewable images will be in .tiff format.
If you do not have a plug-in to view tiff images you will need to install one.
A viewer which is used in the Recorder's office is Brava! Reader by Informative Graphics,
It's free. Any device that will display .tiff images will be suitable.
- If you know which pages you need, you may select any of them by
clicking on the numbered links. Using this method, you will
be charged only for the pages which you actually display.
- If you click on Multi-page Image, you will download the entire document
to your computer and will be charged for all of the pages in the document.
- If you click on the View Thumbnails button, you will be shown small pictures
of all of the pages in the document, to assist you in deciding which pages you
want to view. However, you will not be charged for a page until you click on a
thumbnail to view the large version, and you will be charged only for the pages
that you view in large size.